Piano lessons with Royal Academy of Music Fellow
I am a concert pianist and passionate teacher. After graduating with distinction from the Royal Academy of Music, I was appointed a Junior Fellow there. I also graduated with distinction from the State Music School in Warsaw and Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice, Poland.
I am an accomplished performer who has won top prizes at numerous solo and chamber music competitions, including:
- 19th International J. S. Bach Piano Competition in Gorzów Wielkopolski: 1st Prize (piano solo)
- 23rd Young Musician International Competition in Barletta: 1st Prize and Special Jury Prize (piano solo)
- 6th International Music Competition in Filadelfia: 1st Prize (piano solo)
- 8th International J. Zarebski Music Competition in Warsaw-Izabelin: 2nd Prize
- The Worshipful Company of Musicians Concerts Auditions: Winner (piano trio)
- Patrons` Award at the Royal Academy of Music: Winner (flute and piano duo)
- May Mukle/Douglas Cameron Prize at the Royal Academy of Music: 1st Prize (cello and piano duo)
- 16th Friedrich Kuhlau Internation Competition in Uelzen: 1st Prize and Grand Prix for the Best Ensemble (flute and piano duo)
- 17th International Music Competition `Val Tidone’: 1st Prize and Special Jury Prize (violin and piano duo)
- 5th International Music Competition in Francavilla Fontana: Grand Prix (viola and piano duo)
- 6th International Music Competition in Filadelfia: 2nd Prize (violin and piano duo)
- 23rd Young Musician International Competition in Barletta: 2nd Prize (viola and piano duo)
- 1st International Chamber Music Competition in Czestochowa: 3rd Prize (violin and piano duo)
- 1st Chamber Music Competition in Bydgoszcz: 3rd Prize (violin and piano duo)
I have performed as a soloist and chamber musician at many prestigious UK venues, including Wigmore Hall, St John’s Smith Square, St Martin in the Fields, Bridgewater Hall. I have become a Yeoman of the Musicians’ Company and was invited to be an official pianist at the Carl Nielsen International Competition, which was broadcast around the globe on Medici.tv.
I have 11 years of experience teaching students at all levels and all ages (children, teenagers, adults). Over those years I have developed a unique teaching method, which is based on individual approach, creativity, fun and professionalism. I offer thorough preparation for various exams, as well as exploration of mainstream classical and popular music repertoire.
My lessons are always personalised. I genuinely care about each and every one of my students, and therefore I think very carefully about their professional development, always trying to find the best way to both challenge and inspire them. I believe that each one of my student has something unique to offer, so all they need is somebody who can help them bring out the best in them and realise their full potential.
Piano lessons with me include:
- Basic and advanced piano techniques
- Understanding musical notation
- Rhythm exercises
- Aural exercises
- Music games (for younger students)
- Musical expression and interpretation
- Self-expression through music
- Understanding of music in a historical context
- Performance preparation
A short consultation lesson, during which you will be able to see whether you like my methods and approach. After the consultation lesson, we can discuss whether we both think this is the right match and would like to commit to any further lessons.
A standard, 1-hour-long session, during which we work on your chosen repertoire and develop the most efficient way to practise.